- A treatment method that helps to improve movement, relieve pain, improve or restore physical function and fitness level
- The goal of physical therapy is to help make daily activities and tasks easier
- Physical therapy can be beneficial following some surgeries, for injuries or long-term health problems, and can either be used alone or with other treatments
Physical Therapy Evaluation:
- Assessing injury and determining the best treatment plan is a key focus of a physical therapy evaluation at choosing joy, inc., and may include the following:
- Detailed medical history and assessment of current complaints
- Measurements of muscle strength and joint range of motion
- Instruction on beneficial stretches and/or exercises to assist in the healing process
- Therapeutic modalities, such as therapeutic ultrasound or electrical stimulation, as necessary if determined beneficial by the therapist
- Home exercise programs, prescribed as the patient improves with treatment
- Any health concerns you may have should be discussed at this evaluation so that the therapist can formulate a complete treatment recommendation that is specific to your needs.
For more information
regarding physical therapy, please visit WebMD.